Chefany

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Try and try again

I am trying to get this posted on my web site www.chefany.com but it seems that we are having technical difficulties but we will keep on trucking as a famous singer once said...
Tonight we made nougat, marshmallows, graham crackers and ultimately S'mores... all homemade... ok well, class made but you know what I mean!
We made three different recipes for marshmallows and held a marshmallow throwdown... the recipe without the egg whites and without the honey won the test. Then came the fun part.
I took some imported milk chocolate placed it on the fresh out of the oven graham cracker, put a fresh gooey marshmallow on top and then put the whole thing in the oven for a few minutes. When the chocolate was sufficiantly soft then I pulled it out and torched the marshmallow for that dark crispy caramelized layer on top! YUM and YUM again... what fun and what a treat!
I am sugared out though and it is 11 pm and I still have to drive over the hill to my waiting bed... But I don't regret a single calorie :)

No comments: