Chefany

Monday, August 17, 2009

Chocolate party!

In the midst of the cloud of smoke covering my town and seemingly my life... I set out to give a chocolate party for two generous women who paid lots of money to a great cause and won my donated party.
There were 10 women of all ages. One of which has a 94 year old mother who swears she has lived as long as she has because of two things. A screwdriver a day and as much chocolate as she can get a hold of daily. I like this woman and strive live as long as she.
The party was fun and the women attentive as I told the story of chocolate. After which we went into the dining room to dip and decorate the truffles I provided. Three flavors, double dark, orange flower and milk chocolate with peanut butter. This is where grown women turn into kids playing with mud pies! After dipping all the truffles, with chocolate still in their bowls, they began sticking their fingers in to it to eat the remains. Then someone said they needed some dipping material... "HEY, how about the veggies?" So the veggies meant to be dipped in this delicious cheesy dip came to the chocolate table and the results were amazing! The most popular veggie dipped in chocolate was the sweet yellow and red bell peppers, then the cucumber, the celery and last which was pointed out to ruin perfectly good chocolate was the broccoli. This was a first for me! I have had lots of fun things happen at these parties and almost without exception fingers go into the bowls no matter who the clients but the veggies?? Never...so a new chapter is born to my chocolate parties... one with great chocolate and fresh veggies... hmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chefany,

I would love the recipe! Please post!