Chefany

Thursday, December 3, 2009

This is one of the many quick bread/cakes that I graded this morning. It called a Basque cake and is traditional in the Basque region of France. However, we make a version from Chef Bo Fridberg's book "Professional Pastry Chef" that is a little bit different than the traditional. Mostly in the making and panning of the cake but this one is absolutely dreamy! Whenever the students take it home, friends, family, neighbors all want to pay them to make it for them. It has a layer of pastry cream (custard) in the center with a rich buttery cake all around. The cream is baked into the cake so it stays well at room temperature. I know, I know, you want the recipe! Well, you can find it in Chef Bo's book or you can wait for me to type it up and post it... your choice. It may take awhile for me to find the time to type it since I have committed myself to making a go of this blog thingy... but I will get around to it eventually... I promise.

No comments: